About
InterClear

Home > Sobre Interclear > Meet Us

Meet Us

InterClear Central de Valores S.A. is an entity that provides book entry and security administration services to the participating entitites of the Costa Rica Financial System. The company was founded in 2015 and is supervised by the General Superintendency of Securities of Costa Rica (SUGEVAL, as per the Spanish acronym) under the Securities Market Regulatory Law (Law No. 7732).

This Law defines that the representation of securities issues in Costa Rica must be done through electronic book entries and empowers the Securities Clearing House and the Central Bank of Costa Rica to exercise these functions.

The Securities Clearing House has competence for any type of instrument that is issued, while the Central Bank is limited to the state debt.

The organized securities market in Costa Rica started operations in 1976. For years, the National Securities Exchange Group was the sole provider of infrastructure services, which it has carried out through three companies:

a) The Nacional Securities Exchange for negotiation and settlement infraestructure services.

b) CEVAL for centralized security deposit services represented by macro securities.

c) Central American Technologies (CAM-X) for transactional computer services, development and distribution of technological applications and complementary computer services.

The legal framework establishes that in order to exercise the book-entry activity, it is necessary to have a corporate structure that allows the Exchange to participate with a maximum of 40% of the capital and financial market participantes in an equal manner for the remaining 60%.

The legal mandates seek to achieve the stregthening of infraestructure services so that they are able to comply with international standards and promote the development of the Costa Rican capital market. From this initiative was born InterClear, which is the only entity in Costa Rica capable of providing the book entry and custody services in compliance with the conditions set out by Costa Rican Law and International Standards.

Value and transparency for the financial market is part of the commitment and added value that InterClear transmits through the services it provides.

Strategic Objectives

  • Offering book entry and administration services for marketable securities in the Costa Rican market.
  • Offering a portfolio of services based on value propositions for clients that facilitate the management of their businesses in the financial sector.
  • Generating quality solutions for our clients that facilitate attention to the demands of their specific business and the challenges of the financial industry.
  • Efficiently managing the company's resources to generate market value and solvency for the institution.

Mission

To provide specialized book entry and security administration services to participating entities of the Costa Rican Financial System.

Vision

To centralize the book entry and management of marketable securities in the Costa Rican securities market in a neutral and transparent manner, in compliance with the international standards that govern the activity.

Values

Our institutional values

Innovation

We seek the permanent generation of innovative products and services that add value to our clients' business.

Technical quality

Our staff has extensive experience and knowledge related to the services we offer, which guarantees a better understanding of clients' needs and the present and future challenges of the market.

Loyalty

Our team is committed to the company and our clients, and will direct its actions to protect the best interests of both.

Excellence

We have processes, systems and controls that allow institutional operation to be carried out in an orderly and efficient manner.

Self-Criticism

We capitalize on acquired knowledge and look for feedback processes and continuous improvement in our activities.

Responsibility

We take our work seriously and produce clear accounts regarding the results of our work, both to our clients and to our shareholders.

InterClear services

Get to know the services for depositors, services for issuers and electronic forms.